Fund for Women's 2020 Grant allocation of $200,000 is making a greater impact as part of the Delaware COVID-19 Emergency Response Initiative.
- $100,000 has been allocated to the COVID 19 Strategic Response Fund which targets evolving and longer term needs of the state's most impacted communities. Philanthropy Delaware is working with the Delaware Community Foundation to house and manage this fund.
- $100,000 has been allocated to the Delaware Does More: COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund, launched by the United Way to address immediate needs and near-term impact of COVID-19. United Way Delaware will work with Philanthropy Delaware and UWDE will house and manage this fund.
Email communications sent regarding Grant allocation to COVID-19 Emergency Response Initiative are archived below.
COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund has Awarded $1,475,000 in Grants as of May 1, 2020
COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund has awarded $468,750 in Grants as of April 24, 2020
$1,943,750 Total Grants Awarded as of May 1, 2020
$4,000,000+ Total Raised as of May 1, 2020
68 Total Nonprofits Funded as of May 1, 2020
The Fund for Women is able to award grants to non-profits in Delaware each year through the support of our Founders. Every year in January the Fund for Women begins accepting Grants from non-profits through a formal submission process. A committee of approximately 30 Fund for Women members on the Grant Committee score these applications. The applications are scored by various metrics; however, of utmost importance is that the funds be used to help empower women and girls in Delaware.
Communications related to the 2021 grant process will be coming in 4th Qtr 2020.
25th Anniversary 3-year Collaborative Grant
In 2018, the Fund for Women established a 3-year collaborative grant. This initiative is a collaboration of nonprofit organizations who support girls' successful achievement through high school graduation and offers preparations for the future.
The first $225,000 Grant was awarded to "Empower Young Women for Success After High School.” Now, in its second year, the FFW has designated $25,000 in support of Delaware Girls Circles Initiative. Participating Agencies:
- YWCA Delaware
- Girls Inc. Delaware
- Pathways to Success, Inc.
- Delaware Adolescent Program, Inc. (DAPI)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority - Wilmington Chapter
- Delta Outreach & Educational Center
|Year||# of Grants||Total Giving|