Grant Zoom Meeting
The 2020 Grant Application Zoom Meeting and associated charts can be accessed by clicking on the links below
Grant applications will be accepted from January 1 to January 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Scroll down for more information. New users will need to create an account and scroll until you see 2020 Fund for Women Grant Application.
REQUIRED criteria for Grant consideration:
- Project proposal that addresses the needs of Delaware women and/or girls
- Documentation of Agency's exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- A detailed description of the project budget, not the organization's budget
- Must be received by 11:59 PM on January 31, 2020
- Timely receipt of final evaluation (if prior recipient)
- Have not received a Grant for last 3 consecutive years from the Fund for Women (i.e., did not receive a Grant in 2017, 2018, and 2019 - all 3 years)
Applications will NOT be considered if any of the following apply:
- Funding request is for an individual
- Funding request is for capital
- Funding is for debt reduction
- Project is for endowment campaign, or
- Request for funding exceeds $15,000
In May 2019, the Fund for Women awarded $168,595 in Grants to help empower women and girls in Delaware.
The Fund for Women is able to award grants to non-profits in Delaware each year through the support of our Founders. Every year in January the Fund for Women begins accepting Grants from non-profits through a formal submission process. A committee of approximately 30 Fund for Women members on the Grant Committee score these applications. The applications are scored by various metrics; however, of utmost importance is that the funds be used to help empower women and girls in Delaware.
25th Anniversary 3-year Collaborative Grant
In 2018, the Fund for Women established a 3-year collaborative grant. This initiative is a collaboration of nonprofit organizations who support girls' successful achievement through high school graduation and offers preparations for the future.
The first $225,000 Grant was awarded to "Empower Young Women for Success After High School.” Now, in its second year, the FFW has designated $25,000 in support of Delaware Girls Circles Initiative. Participating Agencies:
- YWCA Delaware
- Girls Inc. Delaware
- Pathways to Success, Inc.
- Delaware Adolescent Program, Inc. (DAPI)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority - Wilmington Chapter
- Delta Outreach & Educational Center
|Year||# of Grants||Total Giving|
$168,595 Awarded in Grants
The Fund for Women is proud to announce in 2019 it has awarded $168,595 to the following Delaware nonprofit agencies who will help empower women and girls in Delaware
$15,000 Serving Statewide
Catholic Charities Bayard House Youth Project provides supportive services in a homelike environment for Delaware's homeless, pregnancy, and parenting youth (ages 16 to under 22) and their dependent children, to promote a successful transition to self-sufficiency, sustainable living and, well-being.